(Very Hot Sauce) This sauce should carry a Government health
- 12 raw tomatoes or 18 tinned tomatoes - drained
- 2 small lemons
- 20 rawit peppers ( very hot small red chillies)
- 1 litre water
- 15 shallots
- 4 bulbs garlic
- 2 tsp sugar
- 2 tsp salt
- quarter litre sweet Chinese soya sauce
- Peel tomatoes and chop fine.
- Grate rind from one lemon, juice both lemons.
- Wearing rubber gloves, chop peppers very fine. Be
careful not to touch face with hands.
- Put peppers in a saucepan with water. Bring to
the boil then add tomatoes and simmer for ten
- Chop shallots very fine. Grind garlic to a pulp.
- Fry shallots in a small amount of oil. When
transparent, add garlic and fry until golden.
- Add fried shallots and garlic to the peppers, as
well as sugar, salt, soya sauce, lemon juice and
- Bring to the boil and stir while boiling for 15
- Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 4 - 5 hrs. Be
careful not to burn sauce. Use a heat spreader
between saucepan and heat. If too thick, add a
- Sauce should be the consistency of jam or