(Tomato Rice) Serves 4 - 6
- 2 tbsps ghee
- 10 shallots
- 1 cup water
- 2 star anise
- 2 candlenuts
- 4 cm piece cinnamon
- 2 cups long-grain rice
- 2 cloves
- 1 tin evaporated milk
- 1 tin tomato puree
- Clean the rice well, drain and put aside.
- Heat ghee in a pan and fry the ground candlenuts,
cinnamon, cloves and star anise.
- Add in water and bring to the boil.
- Add evaporated milk, tomato paste and rice. Stir
well before covering the pan. Cook over a low
- Serve garnished with fried shallots, spring
onions or celery.