(Vegetable Rice) Serves 6 - 8
- 2 cloves garlic - ground
- 1 tsp cumin
- 2 star anise
- 80 gm tinned corn
- 80 gm diced carrots
- 6 cups rice
- 6 cups water
- 5 small red onions - ground
- 3 cm piece cinnamon
- 2 tsps ghee
- salt to taste
- Grind onions, garlic and cumin.
- In a saucepan heat ghee and fry ground
ingredients together with cinnamon and star anise
- Add water and bring to the boil.
- Mix in rice and stir until almost dry.
- Add in the vegetables.
- Cover the pan, reduce heat to a minimum until the
rice is cooked.
- Serve garnished with fried onions.