(Beef Curry) Serves 4 - 6
- 600 gm beef
- 1 cup water
- half cup oil
- 300 gm potatoes
- 5 tbsps curry powder
- 6 shallots
- 4 cloves garlic
- 3 cm piece ginger
- 4 cups coconut milk
- 3 cm piece cinnamon stick
- 2 cloves
- 1 star anise
- 25 gm grated coconut - fried and pounded
- salt to taste
- Wash the meat well, cut into bite sized pieces
- Blend the curry powder with 1 cup of water.
- Pound the shallots, garlic and ginger.
- Heat oil and fry the pounded ingredients until
fragrant. Add in the curry powder mix and fry til
- Add the beef with a little water.
- Add the pounded, fried coconut, star anise,
cloves and cinnamon stick.
- Stir slowly and add the coconut milk, potatoes
- Simmer until the potatoes are cooked.