Daging Masak Merah
(Beef in Red Sauce) Serves 4 - 6
- 600 gm tender beef - sliced
- 3 cups coconut milk
- half cup thick coconut milk
- 2 tbsps grated coconut
- 2 turmeric leaves
- 2 stalks lemon grass
- 20 red chillies
- Clean and drain the sliced beef.
- Fry the grated coconut until golden brown. Pound
until its oil comes out.
- Boil the coconut milk.
- Grind finely the chillies, lemon grass and
turmeric leaves and mix together with the beef.
Put the beef into the boiled coconut milk and add
the thick coconut milk. Simmer until the gravy
- Add the fried coconut, salt and sugar to taste.
Simmer until the gravy is slightly dry.