Daging Masak Kecap
(Beef in Soy Sauce) Serves 4 - 6
- 400 gm beef
- 8 large onions - sliced
- 8 cloves garlic
- 5 cm piece ginger - pounded
- 3 tbsps curry powder
- 1 tbsp pepper
- 2 tbsps tamarind juice
- 2 carrots - cut into 3 cm lengths
- 5 tbsps oil
- half cup thick soy sauce
- 8 cups water
- 1 tbsp vinegar
- 1 tbsp tomato puree
- Cut the beef into bite sized pieces, wash and
- Mix the beef with the curry powder, pepper,
tamarind juice, salt, tomato puree and let it
stand for 30 minutes.
- Heat oil in a pan and fry the ginger, garlic and
large onions until golden brown.
- Add in the beef and mix well. Pour in the soy
sauce and add the carrots.
- Pour in the water and let it boil until the beef
- Serve hot with plain rice.