Daging Kambing Masak Merah
(Mutton in Tomato Sauce) Serves 4 - 6
- 400 gm mutton
- 7 large onions - 6 to be sliced
- 7 shallots - 6 to be sliced
- 3 cm piece ginger - 2 cm pounded
- 7 cloves garlic - 6 to be sliced
- 5 almonds - deskinned
- 4 tbsps curry powder
- 8 tomatoes - quartered
- 1 medium tin tomato puree
- 5 cm cinnamon stick
- 6 cloves
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 3 tbsps oil
- salt and sugar to taste
- Cut and wash the mutton.
- Boil in water with the sliced onions, shallots,
ginger and garlic.
- Pound the remaining onion, shallot, ginger and
garlic with almonds until fine. Mix well with
curry powder and add water.
- Heat oil in a pan and fry the cinnamon stick and
- Add in the curry powder mix and mix well. Add in
the tomato paste and fry until fragrant.
- Pour this mixture into the mutton and mix well.
- Add in the tomato quarters and simmer until
- Add in the milk, salt and sugar and let it
continue boiling until the gravy is thick.