(Braised Beef) Serves 4 - 6
- 400 gm beef shank - cut into 3 cm cubes
- 1 turnip - cut into large cubes
- 1 spring onion - cut into 3 cm lengths
- 3 cm piece ginger - sliced thinly
- 1 clove garlic - sliced
- 3 tbsps oil
- 6 tbsps thin soy
- half tbsp sugar
- 1 star anise
- 2 cups water
- Heat oil in a pan and fry the ginger, garlic,
spring onion and beef for 5 minutes.
- Remove to a saucepan and cover with water.
- Add in soy sauce, sugar, star anise and cook
covered until the beef is tender.
- Add the turnip and simmer until turnip is soft.
- Serve hot.