(Spicy Sliced Beef) Serves 4 - 6
- 150 gm beef - sliced thinly against the grain
- 1 cup grated coconut
- 3 cm piece ginger
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 tsp roasted coriander seeds
- 3 shallots
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp dried prawns
- 2 tbsps tamarind juice
- salt to taste
- 2 tbsps oil
- Grind the shallots, garlic, coriander
seeds,cumin,ginger and dried prawns.
- Heat pan, add oil and when smoking, add ground
ingredients. Fry until fragrant.
- Add meat and stir thoroughly. If the gravy dries
before the meat is tender, add cooled boiled
water. Salt to taste.
- Cook over a low heat until it is dry and the meat
- Add in tamarind juice and mix well.