(Chicken Soup) Serves 6 - 8
- 1 chicken - jointed
- 1 large onion
- 1 litre water
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsps minced ginger
- 3 tbsps oil
- 3 hard boiled eggs - sliced
- 1 cup beansprouts - scalded
- 1 cup thinly sliced shallots
- 1 lemon - sliced
- Combine the chicken, onion, water and salt in a
pan. Bring to boil, cover and cook over a low
heat for one and a half hours until chicken is
- Remove chicken, strain and add ginger. Cut the
chicken into thin strips.
- Heat oil and saute shallots until golden brown.
Stir in the beansprouts and cook over low heat
for 5 minutes.
- To serve, arrange the chicken, vegetables and
eggs on a platter. Each individual makes their
selection and pour the soup over the ingredients.