(Shredded Chicken) Serves 6 - 8
- 1 chicken - deboned and the flesh minced
- 20 dried chillies - soaked and ground
- 2 cups grated coconut - fried brown and pounded
- 4 cups thick coconut milk
- 2 stalks lemon grass
- 1 turmeric leaf
- 1 piece dried tamarind
- 3 cm piece galangal - grated
- 1 large onion - grated
- 3 cm piece ginger - grated
- 1 tsp black pepper
- half tsp turmeric powder
- half tsp aniseed and cumin mixed
- Put the ground chillies, grated onion, ginger and
galangal into a pan. Add the coconut milk and
chicken flesh. Bring to the boil.
- Add the black pepper, spices, lamon grass,
pounded coconut and tamarind.
- Cook over a low heat until the gravy thickens and
is almost dry. Season well with salt.