(Chicken Satay) Serves 6 - 8
- 1.5 kg chicken - deboned
- 1 tsp cumin
- half tsp powdered cinnamon
- 8 shallots
- 1 tsp coriander
- 2.5 cm fresh turmeric
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 stalk lemon grass
- 2 tbsps roasted peanuts
- salt to taste
- 2 tbsps oil
- Cube the chicken meat and put aside.
- Grind coriander, cumin, turmeric, peanuts, salt
and sugar. Mix this with the powdered cinnamon,
diced shallots and 1 tbsp oil. Marinate the
chicken with this mixture.
- Using skewers, skewer 5 pieces of chicken on one
skewer, as in kebabs.
- Grill over burning charcoals, constantly
sprinkling oil over the meat using crushed lemon
- Turn frequently until chicken is cooked.
- Serve with peanut sauce .