Pecal Ayam Bersantan
(Chicken in Coconut Milk) Serves 6 - 8
- 1 chicken
- 10 fresh red chillies
- thumb sized piece of shrimp paste
- 2 eggs
- 3 candlenuts
- 2 lime leaves
- 2 shallots
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 cups coconut milk
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 tsps sugar
- Clean the chicken and cut into two. Wash and
- Rub salt all over the chicken. Roast the chicken
till it is tender.
- To make the gravy - grind together all the
ingredients except the lime leaves.
- Mix the coconut milk, eggs and lime leaves in a
saucepan. Heat and bring to boil. The gravy
should be slightly thick.
- Place the chicken on a platter and pour the gravy