Gulai Ayam Minang
(Chicken Curry Minang Style) Serves 6 - 8
- 1 medium sized chicken
- 10 red chillies
- 10 cili padi (tiny hot chillies)
- 3 shallots
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 stalks lemon grass
- 3 cm piece ginger
- 3 cm piece fresh turmeric
- 2 turmeric leaves
- 4 lime leaves
- 3 tomatoes
- oil for frying
- salt to taste
- Clean the chicken and cut into bite sized pieces.
- Grind together red chillies, small cili, garlic,
ginger, lemon grass and turmeric.
- Heat oil in a pan and fry the ground ingredients
- Add 1 cup water and cover the pot. Bring to the
- Add in the shredded leaves and salt to taste.
- When the chicken is cooked, put in the tomatoes.