(Fried Chicken with Sauce) Serves 6 - 8
- 1 chicken
- 6 cm piece ginger - pounded
- salt and sugar to taste
- 6 lettuce leaves
- 1 cucumber
- Oil for deep-frying
- 2 cloves garlic
- 3 tbsps vinegar
- 2 red chillies
- Clean the chicken and season with the pounded
ginger and salt.
- Steam the chicken until tender. Remove and fry
until the skin is crispy.
- Cut the chicken into bite sized pieces.
- Make the sauce. Pound the red chillies and garlic
together. Mix with vinegar, salt and sugar. Mix
in 1 cup water.
- Serve chicken garnished with lettuce leaves and
sliced cucumber. Use the sauce as a dip.