(Grilled Chicken with Gravy) Serves 6 - 8
- 1 medium sized chicken
- 4 cloves garlic
- 6 shallots
- 5 cm piece ginger
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 coconuts
- 2.5 cm piece ginger
- 15 shallots
- 1 tsp aniseed
- 1 slice lime
- Cut the chicken into two. Clean and drain it.
- Pound the shallots, garlic, ginger and salt.
- Marinate the chicken with the pounded ingredients
for 20 minutes.
- Squeeze coconut to get the milk. Do not use water
for the first squeeze. Use some water for the
- Pound the shallots, ginger and aniseed until
fine. Add into the coconut milk. Heat the mixture
over a medium heat adding salt and sugar to
- Squeeze in lime juice. Stir until the mixture
- Roast the chicken over a low charcoal fire
basting with the gravy. Turn the chicken and
baste with gravy again.
- Repeat until the chicken is cooked.