(Spicy Chicken) Serves 6 - 8
- 1 medium sized chicken
- 2 tbsps aniseed
- 1 tsp cumin
- 6 caramoms
- 1.5 cm piece of ginger
- 1 tsp dried turmeric
- 1 clove garlic
- 5 red chillies
- 1 stalk lemon grass
- 3 tbsps coriander
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 7 cloves
- 5 cm piece of cinnamon
- a piece of galangal
- 20 shallots
- 2 Bombay onions
- 2 slices dried sour fruit
- 4 cups coconut milk
- some shrimp paste
- Toast all ingredients except red chillies, lemon
grass and Bombay onions. Pound finely.
- Cut Bombay onions into four and cut chillies
- Clean the chicken and cut into 8 pieces.
- Squeeze coconut to get 4 cups of milk.
- Cook chicken with coconut milk over a medium
- Bring gravy to a boil and add in the powdered
- Put in crushed lemon grass together with Bombay
onions, red chillies and salt to taste.
- Simmer till chicken is tender and gravy is thick.